I am currently pursuing a PhD in Statistical Biophysics in the group of Prof. Ali Hassanali at ICTP (The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics) and SISSA (International School for Advanced Studies) in Trieste, Italy. Prior to this, I did the Master of High-Performance Computing (MHPC) program conducted jointly by SISSA and ICTP, also in Trieste, having been awarded a full scholarship by ICTP. I did my BSc in Chemistry (with a strong focus on physical chemistry and complex systems) from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata (under the University of Calcutta, India).
I have worked on a wide variety of projects on statistical physics, nonlinear dynamics, chemical graph theory, biophysics, and molecular dynamics, using and developing both analytical and computational tools.
- 🏢 Current Status and Designation: UNESCO Predoctoral Research Fellow at ICTP & PhD Student in Statistical Biophysics at SISSA.
- 📘 Research Problems of Interest: Studying interesting behaviour in biomolecules (particularly proteins relevant to neurodegenerative diseases) using MD, DFT, AI/ML-based methods, and Statistical Physics.
- 🥇 Proficient in: Python, C/C++, Fortran
- 🥈 Familar with: Julia, Bash, SQL, Pytorch, Pandas.
- 💼 Topics of interest: Biophysics, Metadynamics, Molecular Dynamics, Unsupervised Learning, Deep Neural Networks, Information Theory, Nonlinear Dynamics, Stochastic Processes, Statistical Physics.
- ⚽ Hobbies: I enjoy hiking, playing chess and TT, music, and oxford commas.
Consider donating to Padakshep. They help fund higher education for underprivileged children in India.